Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Early Games


Ugh.

Another 11am football game. These suck.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going to the games, but the start times blow. Especially when attending them in person.

This might have been cool back in the days when almost everyone was a farmer. By 11am, you had been up for 8 hours and into the meat of your day.

But now. Bullshit.

I'm not thinking greedily. The occasional 6pm or 8pm start time is appreciated - by both liver and wallet (i.e. 9/5/09). I'm specifically thinking a few weeks ahead to October 17 - homecoming. From what I am told, I will be joined by Hans and Travis (last names removed to protect the non-innocent). I know if they come into town, there will definitely be pre-celebration the evening before the game. And once the train starts, it rarely comes to a full stop by 3am. Choo, choo, motherfuckers.

All of this makes for a painful ride early the next AM.

Back in the day, it was no problem. In fact, 2 or 3 hours of sleep on a nice, comfortable floor was the norm. Up with the crack of AC/DC, beer with your Cheerios (or whatever type of pizza/Okie-Dokie was left from the night before). Great times.

I am looking forward to reuniting with my old UW pals - it'll be great to hang out with them and the usual Saturday football crew. There will be shenanigans of the highest quality. I can't wait.

Listen to me bitch. It can only mean one thing - we're getting old.

Older? Yes.

Grown up? Never.

Bring on the 2:30 starts!

No comments: